The Jeffcoat Firm is a destination firm for great attorneys in South Carolina. That’s because of our values and our commitment to excellence. Our fast-paced Personal Injury and Defense Law Firm in Columbia, SC is growing rapidly, and we are looking to hire experienced, high-caliber, full-time Attorneys to join our team.
The Jeffcoat Firm is committed to helping everyday people in crisis, and Michael Jeffcoat’s mission is to provide unmatched legal services to people in South Carolina. The employees of The Jeffcoat Firm are ambitious, resilient self-starters with a passion for taking excellent care of our clients and each other.
People who succeed at The Jeffcoat Firm are believers in what we do and are obsessed with creating positive outcomes. We are passionate about client service. We are dedicated to winning. We do not have lackadaisical attitudes; we always get the job done, and we are uncompromising on our core values.
Our attorney team is award-winning. Joining this team means signing on for mentorship, coaching, and collaboration. Attorneys at The Jeffcoat Firm are supported by top-notch Case Managers, Records Specialists, Legal Assistants, and Intake Specialists. We operate differently from other firms: we operate as a highly successful business. Attorneys get to focus on being lawyers and practicing law. We take care of all managerial responsibilities, human resources, accounting, and all business functions for you.
The Jeffcoat Firm is looking for an experienced Personal Injury Attorney to join its growing South Carolina practice. The Personal Injury Attorney will handle a heavy caseload with Motor Vehicle Accidents and Premises Liability cases on the litigation side, including trial prep and trial. For cases best resolved in the pre-litigation stage, you will assist in developing settlements, counseling clients, and preparing documents and correspondence to resolve cases ethically, zealously, and efficiently in the clients’ best interests.
- Manage, supervise, and negotiate case settlements with insurance carriers, as well as resolve outstanding medical balances with providers
- Day-to-day handling of litigation for filed cases, including interacting with defense counsel and courts
- Secure other documents necessary to support injury and/or liability positions
- Interact with insurance carriers and healthcare providers to secure updated records and account balances
- Communicate with existing and potential clients, via telephone and in person
- Effectively manage and maintain a high volume of cases
- Partner with coworkers involved in the management and support of injury files
- Full commitment to constant improvement and ongoing acquisition of new and improved skills
- Minimum 1 year of experience, preferably in personal injury (either Plaintiff or Defense)
- Law degree from a fully accredited law school
- An active member in good standing with the South Carolina Bar
- Excellent client service and communication skills
- Self-starter driven by long-term career goals
- Superior writing and oral advocacy skills
- Desire to further learn personal injury
- A commitment to positive client experiences and a deep concern about reaching great results
- Fiercely advocating for injured people and their families
- Understanding nuance but never ceasing in being solution focused
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) plan, disability insurance, parental leave, paid time off, paid volunteer time off, and paid holidays.
Incentive-based compensation to include a base salary of $75,000 to $100,000 plus opportunities for bonuses in every pay period
Working from our Columbia office is preferred, although remote work may be offered to exceptional candidates
Who We Are
The Jeffcoat Firm cares about continually enhancing our Employee Benefits Program, our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts, providing excellent legal services, and investing in the community we are a part of. From the very beginning, and throughout every phase, The Jeffcoat Firm has prioritized taking care of our clients and our team. We are determined to be the best law firm and employer out there. We always get better, work hard, refuse to allow roadblocks to get in our way, and are committed to our past, current, and future clients.
We value all backgrounds and experiences and take pride in our being an Equal Opportunity employer. Our employees come from different professional networks, and we do not discriminate on race, age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion, or any other part of an individual’s identity. We know that diversity makes us better and choose to embrace and prioritize its impact. We want all our conversations to include voices from different fields of thought, different perspectives, and different opinions.
We provide supportive leadership, expect accountability and transparency, and focus on outreach. Our Firm believes in being a tenant of the community and paying all successes forward. We offer a Volunteering Time Off program for all full-time employees, encouraging each to invest in philanthropic efforts that matter to them. The Jeffcoat Gives Back program supports firm-wide initiatives to give back to our neighbors. We know South Carolina. We are Carolinians. We give back because this is our home.
We root ourselves in our core values and mission each day and hire empathetic, passionate individuals to drive us to our goals. Words can never fully capture a company’s goals or mission, but these are a start:
We believe that our team is stronger together than any single member would be independently.
Our hiring decisions are about where The Jeffcoat Firm has been, is today, and where and who the Firm will be in the future.
We do not take that or any responsibility lightly.
To apply for this job please visit jeffcoatpi.2029stage.com.