The Jeffcoat Firm handles all types of business litigation in Columbia, Richland, and Lexington counties in South Carolina. We handle all of our clients’ needs, including business disputes.
Business disputes in South Carolina can range from simple to extremely complex, involving many parties and touch on a number of issues and regulations. Cases like these call for an experienced advocate. You can count on The Jeffcoat Firm to make quick and strategic moves with your best interest in mind.
- Types of SC Business Litigation We Handle
- Insurance Disputes
- Business Versus Business in South Carolina
- How Can Our Columbia Business Law Attorneys Help?
Types of SC Business Litigation We Handle
Business disputes typically fall into two categories:
- Injury or disparagement to the reputation of a business
- Interference with a contract, breach of contract, or unfair competition
Such practices are in violation of the law, and can cause serious damage to a business’s reputation and financial health.
At The Jeffcoat Firm, we handle all types of business versus business litigation — involving both contracts and torts — in state and federal courts throughout South Carolina. Some of the types of business and commercial litigation we handle include those listed below:
Employee Relationship Disputes
- Breach of employee non-disclosure agreements
- Breach of non-competition or non-solicitation agreements
- Breach of contract
- Breach of oral agreements
Intellectual Property Issues
- Infringement of intellectual property rights
- Patent, trademark, and copyright law
- Unfair competition
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
- Intentional interference with a contract
- Invasion of privacy
- Negligent misrepresentation
- Slander and libel
- Tortious interference (i.e., intentional damage of a business relationships
Other Commercial Litigation Issues
- False advertisement
- Insurance litigation
Managing a business can present both great challenges and great rewards. Unfortunately, it is a normal course of operations that legal issues will arise at some point. How you choose to handle a business conflict can impact the future of the company.
At the heart of many business conflicts lies an insurance company. Whether or not the insurance company will step up as required under its policy may be the deciding factor in how a business versus business insurance dispute is resolved.
The Jeffcoat Firm understands how important these business decisions can be and will help you fight to safeguard your organization. We provide both strong trial skills and thoughtful out-of-court solutions to meet your business needs in Lexington, Columbia, and Richland counties.
We will tackle the following insurance disputes:
- Bad faith claims (both tactics and the insurance carrier)
- Duty to defend a party
- Policy coverages and exclusions
Business Versus Business in South Carolina
When it comes to business disputes, each conflict calls for a custom-tailored solution. The Jeffcoat Firm can help you identify and work towards the resolution that makes sense for your business.
If successful in commercial litigation in South Carolina, the court may grant either monetary damages — which compensate you for financial loss and economic damages — or equitable relief — where the other party must do or refrain from doing something in order to protect your business interests.
Some examples of equitable relief are listed below:
- An injunction to prevent a competitor from infringing on the plaintiff’s valid patent
- An order prohibiting the misappropriation of a company’s trade secrets
- A temporary restraining order granting immediate protection to prevent a developer from beginning construction on adjacent property where it would cause damage to the surrounding businesses
- An order compelling a company to complete a contract wherein the party threatens breach of contract (e.g., if a company threatens to breach a contract for the sale of something of a unique character, like real estate, the court may order the breaching party to fulfill the contract)
When you choose TheJeffcoat Firm, you can trust us to be savvy enough to seek equitable relief from the court when there is an immediate threat to your business.
How Can Our Business Law Attorneys Help?
You don’t have to face business disputes or litigation alone; your best course of action is to contact our Columbia business law attorneys. Our years of experience handling business disputes in South Carolina mean that we are powerful allies to have during the entire litigation process. Working together, you and your lawyer will develop a strategy that can protect your rights and minimize the damage to your business interests and reputation.
Our attorneys at The Jeffcoat Firm are always available, meaning you won’t waste any time waiting for a reply. Your initial consultation is free, so you have nothing to lose by contacting us.
DISCLAIMER: Any results achieved on behalf of a client in one matter does not necessarily indicate that similar results can be obtained for other clients.